Four Reasons You Need to Change a Password
- It’s been a year since you last updated your password.
- 11% of consumers have never changed their passwords.
- You have been notified of a compromise with your credit/debit card.
- 1 in 5 Americans have experience an online account compromise.
- Your password is not complex – it doesn’t include numbers, symbols, capital letters or isn’t more than 12 characters.
- 38% of consumers report using a “somewhat complex” password.
- You use the same password for multiple accounts.
- Between 31% and 55% of people use the same password on multiple sites.
Regularly updating your passwords helps:
- Make it harder for fraudsters to hack into your accounts.
- Protect your personal information.
- Maintain your bank account security.
Learn more about financial security at Education.BankersTrust.com.