Buying a home is a really big step, so whether it’s your first home or your fifth home, congratulations!
Home buying can be a really long process, but there are a few things that you can do early to make things go smoothly. Here is what I often recommend to my clients:
- First, find a lender to get prequalified – A lender can help you get a prequalification letter and help determine which mortgage product is best for you. The letter also helps the seller know that you are a very serious buyer.
- Next, you’ll want to make a wish list and set a budget – Your prequalification will help you know just how much you’re able to borrow.
- Prepare your paperwork for your mortgage application – Your mortgage application will require items that do take some time to gather up, such as: your pay stubs, your tax returns W-2s for the past two years, plus all your account statements for the previous two months. Having these items ready to go will make the mortgage application process quicker and you will be ready when you find that perfect home.
If you are ready to get prequalified today, we are ready to help.
- Check out this article on The Do’s and Don’ts After Submitting Your Mortgage Application.
- Learn more about Homeownership.
- Contact us with further questions.