Should a Business Buy or Lease Equipment?
Most businesses rely heavily on equipment, which can include everything from a fleet of trucks to a company’s entire technology suite. And whether a business is making an initial investment, or needs to upgrade or replace equipment, there are two basic options: buying or leasing.
Both have benefits, so here are some things to consider:
- A lease allows you to take equipment for a “test-run,” to get to know whether it’s the right fit for your business before making a long-term commitment.
- A lease allows you to upgrade more regularly. It can also reduce maintenance costs, and it conserves cash.
But buying has benefits too:
- After the loan is paid, you maintain equity in the equipment
- There are no restrictions on when you can update or upgrade, or on how much it’s used.
- And there’s no ongoing payment once the loan is paid in full
So which do you choose? Let our experts guide you through the benefits and drawbacks of each option to determine what’s best for your business.
Learn more about equipment investments at Education.BankersTrust.com