How to Keep Your Mobile Device Safe and Secure (Video)
Consumers are using their smartphones and mobile devices now more than ever, for everything internet-related. That makes your smartphone and your mobile device a target for hackers. We know that one-third of U.S. consumers were the victim of some type of cyber-attack, which it make it very important for you to take steps to safeguard your mobile device or your smartphone.
Let me share with you some steps you can take to safeguard your device.
- Install antivirus software and download updates as soon as they are available.
- Set your phone to require a password. Many phones and devices now allow you to use your fingerprint as an added layer of security to unlock your phone or log in to certain applications.
- Don’t autosave usernames and passwords, and never let an application automatically log you in to your bank account.
- Don’t share your password, account number, PIN number, or answers to secret questions with anyone. And, don’t save that information on your smartphone or device.
- Avoid public Wi-Fi or an unsecured network to do your mobile banking. A better option is to use your cellular service.
- Contact your financial institution and mobile provider immediately if you think you’ve been hacked, or if your device is lost or stolen.
If you have questions on how to secure your mobile device, we’re here – and we’re ready to help.